Saturday, April 21, 2007

Movie Assignment

The movie I chose to watch was A Time to Kill, the film was very interesting and I enjoyed watching it.


1. Identify ALL of the conflicts in the movie. How are they presented and resolved?
The major conflict in the movies was how those White men raped that little black girl and was going to get away with. I tried to put myself in the fathers position and I probably would have did the same thing. The conflicts are presented when the two white men raped the little girl and the father ended up shooting them.

2. Do the conflicts seem realistic? Why?
Yes the conflicts seem realistic because, during that time African Americans were not treated equal so when those type of things happened, they did not suffer consequences like they would now.

3. How might you handle the conflicts differently / better than in the film?
I don't think that killing those men was the brightest move, but you never know what you would do if you were in that same position. I probably would not have shot them but I know I would have tried to the best of my ability to make sure they spent the rest of their lives in jail.

4. Did the characters utilize effective negotiation, communication, listening and problem-solving skills?
Yes they did because the lawyer had to do all of the above to pursue the jury that the father wasn't thinking clearly.

5. Do the conflicts in the film provide any opportunities for alternative dispute resolution? Explain.
I am really not for sure because back in those days there was nothing that you could say to change there opinion about blacks. So no matter what was did the Whites were sticking with the whites and the blacks with the blacks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebekah!

I'm finally figuring out this blogging. I've been able to track most of our group members blogs down even without invitations.

Thanks for coming up with so sample cases for us to start with. Your legal knowlege and knowledge of the library system have been instramental in getting us going.

I look forward to seeing your script for the role of the plaintiff. Don't forget to send me a picture to use in the PowerPoint. Good luck!